DIY Yoghurt Slime Recipe for Children to Play
Playing with slime is a fun sensory experience for children, which in turn helps build nerve connections in the brain, igniting curiosity, creativity, and cognitive development.
● Improves fine motor skills
● Encourages children to use their imagination
● Improves problem-solving skills, as children try and create something of their own thinking
● Provides a perfect opportunity for scientific thinking to emerge, as children experiment with, and investigate various materials
● Helps build focus
● Is a calming sensory experience for children
Sharing below the three-ingredients DIY recipe for Yoghurt Slime, which is not only fun to make at home, but very easy too. And the best part is, all of it is edible!
Ingredients for the recipe include:
1 cup yoghurt
¾ cup Cornstarch
Food colouring of your child’s choice
- Begin by mixing yoghurt and cornstarch.
- Add food colouring to give a different colour if you wish.
- Keep mixing it till it becomes stretchy in consistency.
- In case it is too sticky, add more cornstarch and if it is too dry then add more yoghurt.
- Voila! It is ready to play with!
Slime is so much more than a gooey substance! It can be a deeply engaging science experiment, a bonding experience with your child, and a great way to encourage your child to partake in sensory play.
[Learning Matters educator Ananya Zutshi contributed to this article.]